Post/Reverse a Write-off for an Individual Student 27s
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to complete and reverse a write-off in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials Staff
Completing a Write-off
Navigation: Student Financials > Collections > Write Offs > Post Student Write-off
- Enter the Business Unit and click Add
- On the Student Write-off page, enter the Student ID
- Use the Write-off group box to designate the write off amount.
- Write-off Balance- write-off the entire balance
- Write-off Accounts- write-off specific amounts attached to Account Types (such as tuition)
- Write-off Items- write-off specific items
If Write-off Account(s) or Item(s) was selected, a new window will open where you can select the specific account(s) or item(s) that should be written off.
- Enter a Srv Ind Cd (service indicator code) to place on the student's account to indicate charges have been written off
- Enter or look up and select the Item Type
- Reference Nbr is optional
- Click the Post button
Reversing a Write-off
Navigation: Student Financials > Collections > Write Offs > Reverse Student Write-off
- Enter the Business Unit and Click Search. (Business Unit may auto populate)
- Enter the Student ID and click the Search button
- Click the Write-off Detail link to review the information about the write-off
- Write-off Detail displays.
- Click the Return button.
- Click the Reverse button.
- Update the Item Effective Date to Current Date, then click the OK button.
By selecting Current Date, the accounting dates will line up properly in the GL journals on the Finance pillar.
- Click the Student Accounts link to view account activity for the student
- To verify the write-off is zeroed out, click the Items by Date link
- Click Return twice to go back to the Write-off Reversal page