Sending Communications 11f
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for sending student financials communications in ctcLink.
Audience: All staff
Navigation: Campus Community Communications > Communication Generation
- Search for an existing Run Control ID or Add a New Value if this is the first time running the process.
- Select the ID Selection from the dropdown.
- Enter or select the Letter Code for the appropriate institution and process.
Letter Code selection populates other fields with default values. Typically, these should not be changed.
- Make a selection in No Matching Template Found– typically Use Default Template.
- Select the Communication Method Usage. For this example, E-Mail is selected.
- Navigate to the Process Parameters tab.
- Choose the Address, Address Name, Salutation and Extra Name.
- Check Use Preferred Email Address.
- Enter the Communication Date Range Selection From Date and To Date.
- Select the Update Communication Generation Date With and the Update Communication Completed Date With to specify the date to record the communication on the student record.
- Select the preferred Sort Option.
- Un-Check the Produce Communication and Complete Communication in the Missing Critical Data section.
- Navigate to the Email Parameters tab.
- Enter the From, Subject and Reply to Leave Sender and Bounce to blank.
- Enter the Importance and Sensitivity.
- The Checklist Parameters page settings should not be changed.
- Click Run and OK to run this process.
Verifying Communications were assigned and sent
Navigation: Campus Community > Communications Person > Communications > Communication Management
- Enter a student ID from the prior process and click Search to review communications recently sent.
- If the Communication Completed checkbox at the bottom of the Person Communication page is checked, this indicates the email was sent.