Processing Batch Refunds 27f
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to create a batch of refunds in ctcLink.
Audience: All staff
Creating Batch Refunds
Navigation: Student Financials > Refunds > Process Batch Refunds > Create Refunds
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or Click the Add a New Value tab and create a new Run Control ID.
- Enter a useful name for the new Run Control ID so it can easily be found later.
- Click the Add button.
- On the Batch Refund tab, enter the following required information:
- Enter the Business Unit.
- Refund Method: Accounts Payable.
- Run Option 1: Select Individual Only or Organization Only.
- Run Option 2: Select Financial Aid Only or Non-Financial Aid Only – it is recommended to run refunds separately.
- Sponsor Refund Option: Used for PLUS Loan refunds; contact Financial Aid for additional information. Select No Sponsor if not running PLUS Loan refunds.
- Refund Item Type: Search for or enter the item type for the refunds.
- Address Usage: Select the ctcLink address to mail the refund to.
- Check the Report Only box to generate a refund report only before processing the refunds. Select the checkbox to create and post the refunds to the student or corporate account.
- On the Academic Programs tab enter the programs to include. Click the (+) button to add more than one program or select the All Programs check box.
- On the Accounts/Terms tab enter a specific Account Type (s) or select All Accounts.
- Enter or select a specific Term or select All Terms.
- To add additional Accounts Types or Terms, use the (+) to add a row in each section.
- On the Item Types tab, enter or look up the Item Type From and Item Type To range or select All Item Types.
- Click Run and then OK to run the process.
- Click the Check Batch Refunds link to access the Batch Refunds Lines page and view created refunds.
- Click the Batch Refund Messages link to access the Review Batch Messages page and view any warnings or errors encountered during the process.
- Click the Process Monitor link to review the status of the refund process.