Create/Updating Item Types 27d
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add and update item types inctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials staff.
Adding New Item Types
Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up SACR > Product Related > Student Financials > Item Types > Item Types
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Select your SetID.
- Enter the new Item Type number. Click Add button.
- On the Initial Setup tab, enter the following:
- Enter the Effective Date as the date in which the item type will first be used.
- Enter a Description. The description is will be displayed in student self service.
- Enter a Short Desc.
- Select optional keywords that can be used when searching for item types.
- Select a Classification. Applicable values include Application Fee, Charge, Deposit, Financial Aid, Payment, Refund, Waiver and Write-off. This determines how transactions are posted to the students account as well as entered in the accounting lines.
- Check the GL Interface Required checkbox if the transactions with the item type should be sent to the Finance General Ledger.
- Select an Accounting Date Control value of Run Date. This value determines how the accounting date in the accounting lines will be set. Run Date is the current date on which the generate accounting entries process are run. Other values are available.
- Select the Amounts Edits tab. Enter a Maximum Transaction Amount if a different value is needed from the default.
- Select the 1098-T Eligible checkbox if the item type should reported as eligible expenses for students.
- Select the Miscellaneous tab. The fields that appear on this page are dependent on which item type classification that was select on the Initial Setup tab.
- Leave the Adjustment Calendar field blank for charge item types.
- Leave the Payment Terms, Tax Code and Earnings Non Taxable fields blank for charge and refund item types. As well, leave the NRA Taxable Credit checkbox unselected.
- Select the Charge Priority List which contains the charges that are eligible to be paid by the item type. This field is used with Deposit, Financial Aid, Payment and Waiver item types.
- Select the Payment Overall Priority value which controls the order in which payments are applied to eligible charges. Select STD for Deposit, Payment and Wavier item types. Select FINAID for Financial Aid.
- For payment and deposit item types that require tender details, check the Tender Specific check box and select the corresponding Category.
- Select the Refundable Indicator to make payments eligible for refunding. This field is used with Deposit, Financial Aid and Payment item types.
- Select the Payment Priority checkbox and assign a Priority ranking to the payment. This will enable payment swapping where a payment with a higher priority can displace a lower priority payment and apply to eligible charges. This field is used with Deposit, Financial Aid, Payment and Waiver item types.
- Select Pick up Receivable from Charge checkbox if you want to select the receivable chartfield from the charge in which the payment is being applied. If unchecked, the payment credit chartfield will be used for GL processing. This field is used with Deposit, Financial Aid, Payment and Waiver item types.
- Select the Account Types tab; select the SetID and Account Type the item type should be associated with. To add additional account types, select the (+) sign.
- Select the GL Interface tab.
- Enter the term of either 0000 or a specific term the item type to be effective by choosing a specific term; it will go into effect that term forward unless a new row with a new term is added to the set up.
- Update the Effective Date if the date should be a value other than the defaulted current date.
- Enter the JrnlSet and TimingValues. The timing value should be set to Assessment for both the debit and credit rows.
- Select Debit/Credit from the dropdown list on DB/CR field. You must set up one debit and one credit for each item type.
- Enter the percentage you want posted to the GL account in the GL Pct field. Priority and Priority Amounts are optional fields.
On the item types that have GL allocated to various percentages, the GL Pct field needs to be entered and saved in the same order for the debit side as it is for the credit side.
- Enter the chartfield strings by clicking the Jrnl Set ChartFields link (see image below). Select the applicable GL Business Unit, select Ledger LOCAL. Enter the applicable chartfield values for Account, Department, Fund Code, Class Field and Operating Unit. Click OK.
- The Defer Revenue-Until, Deferred Dates, and Deferred Chartfields are optional fields related to deferring revenue.
- Click the (+) sign to add additional journal entries.
- Click Save button.
Updating Item Types
Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up SACR Product > Related Student Financials > Item Types > Item Types
- Select the SetID.
- Enter the Item Type number if known or other search parameters to find the item type you want to update. The most common search parameters are highlighted in red. Click Search and select the item type you wish to update.
- On the Initial Setup page, click the (+) sign to insert a new effective dated row. The Effective Date field will automatically default to today’s date. Enter the date in which the new change becomes effective.
- Update the necessary fields for your item type and click Save.
If the update you are making is a change to the GL chartfield, you must also insert a new effective dated row on the GL Interface page at the Item Type GL Entry Setup - Effective Date level.