Process PLUS Loan Refunds for Parents 27f
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to process PLUS loans for parents in ctcLink
Audience: Student Financials staff.
Navigation: Main Menu > Student Financials > Refunds > Process Batch Refunds > Create Refunds
- Search for an existing Run Control ID or add a new value using the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter the following:
- Business Unit
- Run Option 1: Individual Only
- Run Option 2: Financial Aid Only
- Sponsor Refund Option: Individual Sponsors
- Refund Item Type
- Address Usage: Select the ctcLink address to mail the refund to.
- Optional: Check the Report Only box to generate a refund report only before processing the refunds.
- Click the Academic Programs tab. Check the All Programs box.
- Click the Accounts/Terms tab. Check the All Accounts box.
- Enter or select a specific Term or select All Terms. If the batch refunding process runs longer than usual, uncheck the All Terms box and use a specific term code instead.
- Click the Item Types tab. Select specific Item Types for PLUS loans you wish to refund. Use the lookup if you do not know the item types.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Run button.
- Select Batch Refund checkbox. Click the Ok button.
- Click the Check Batch Refunds link to access the Batch Refunds Lines page and view created refunds.
- Click the Batch Refund Messages link to access the Review Batch Messages page and view any warnings or errors encountered during the process.
- Click the Process Monitor link to review the status of the refund process.
- Continue with the AP Refund Interface Process to send the information to Finance to print the check.