Run Payment Applier 27q
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for running payment applier to allocate unapplied payments to eligible charges that are still outstanding in ctcLink.
Note: This process is used to correct errors and should be used sparingly. Payment swapping might occur if a priority payment is applied. For assistance in determining when to use this process, contact the local ctcLink service desk or ERP Support.
Navigation: Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Apply Payment
- Search for an existing Run Control ID or add a new value using the Add a New Value tab. Once you have saved a Run Control ID for a given process it will be available for future use.
- Enter a Business Unit.
- Enter one Student ID or External Org ID. (Student and Corporate IDs must be run separately.)
- Click the Add Row (+) icon to enter more than one ID.
- Select All IDs to apply all unapplied payments to Corporate and Student IDs.
- Select Reset IDs to un-apply and reapply all applied payments following the payment allocation rules.
- Click the Run button and then OK.
The Reset IDs option should be used only in very rare cases, as it unapplies ALL exiting applied payments, from ALL Terms, and then reapplies them based on the current payment priorities set. This type of payment swapping should be fully tested in a test environment before attempting on an account in production.
- Click Process Monitor to monitor the progress of the Payment Applier process and verify the process ran to Success and has Posted.
You can verify if Payment Applier worked by reviewing the student or corporation's account.