Process Student Write Offs for Multiple Students 27s
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to process write offs for multiple students in collections within Student Financials.
Audience: Student Financials Staff
Navigation: Student Financials > Collections > Write Offs > Run Write-Off Process
- Click the Add a New Value tab. You can run this process by searching for an existing Run Control ID or you can add a new value. Creating a Run Control ID that is relevant to the report may help you remember it for future use.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Run Control ID field.
- Click the Add button.
The parameters on the Write Offs page are defining the select criteria.
- Choose to select By ID or By External Org ID options.
- Enter appropriate Business Unit. The user default Business Unit should automatically populate.
- To further refine the selection results enter or look up the appropriate information for the Aging Set field and the Aging Category field.
- Enter the appropriate amount in the Past Due Amount field.
- Enter the appropriate date for the Last Activity Date field.
- Select the item type that should post to the student's account in the Item Type Writeoff field.
- Select the appropriate service indicator in the Service Indicator Cd field.
A group data entry will be created as a part of group data processing so a group type and origin must be defined.
- Enter or select the appropriate information from the Group Type dropdown menu.
- Enter or select the appropriate information in the Origin ID field.
Optional - Report Only box allows the write off process to run without committing the transactions to the student's account.
- Click the Run button.
- Select the checkbox for the defaulted Batch Write off process from the Process List.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Process Monitor link.
- Click Refresh until the process reads "Success".
- Continue with the Group Post Process. Create and Post a Group Data Entry.