Post a Student Transaction 27p, 27q
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add a transaction to a student’s account in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials Staff
Navigation: Main Menu > Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Post Student Transaction
- Enter the following:
- Business Unit
- Student ID
- Enter or lookup and select the Account Type.
- Enter or lookup and select the Item Type number.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter an Amount for the item type.
- Enter the transaction Term.
- The reference number field is optional. This can be used to track the transaction.
- Enter Item Effective Date on which the transaction becomes active. The default is the current date.
- Enter Due Date.
- Click the Post button to add the transaction to the student’s account.
- Click the Student Accounts link to verify the item type posted to the account.
- Click the New Transaction button to post a new transaction on the next student’s account.
The Due Date is needed for downstream processes, for example collections processing.