Post a Third Party Payment 27h
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to post a third party payment for an individual student in ctcLink.
Audience: Cashiers, Bursars.
Navigation: Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Post Corporation Transaction
- Enter the Business Unit and the External Org ID.
- The Account Type will be TPC.
- Select the Item Type.
- Click Add.
- Enter or select the Contract Number in which the student has been assigned.
- Enter or select the Student ID in the Contract ID field.
If you have a payment for more than one student, you will need to process each student as an individual transaction. For example, you receive a payment for 5 students. You will post 5 corporate transactions.
- Enter the Amount and the Term.
- The Reference Number is an optional field.
- Uncheck the Use Exc Acct box.
- Use the Third Party Information link to apply the payment to a specific student, if needed. Enter the contract number and the student’s ID you wish to apply a payment to.
- Click the Post button.
Verify Payments on the Corporate Account
Use this page to verify the student's balance was paid.
Navigation: Student Financials > View Corporate Accounts
- Enter the Business Unit.
- Enter the External Org ID.
- Click the Search button..
The Corporate Account is similar to the student's Customer Account. You can drill down into various terms and account types to find information pertaining to the Corporate Account.
- Click the Account Details for the term you would like to verify payment in.
The pop up window asking for Contract Number and Contract ID is optional information. You can input the information, if available. If not, click OK and it will take you to the account details page.
It will show you the form of payment and the student's balance, if any remains. You can drill down once more by clicking the Item Details to see more information about the payment transaction.