Adding Locations in HRMS and the Campus Table
Purpose:Use this document as a reference for how to add locations in HRMS and to the Campus Table in ctcLink
Audience: Course schedulers and room schedulers
Adding Locations in Set Up HRMS
Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up HRMS > Foundation Tables > Organization > Location
Locations must be defined and set up in HRMS and then attached to the Campus in the Campus Table. Locations are a required field in the Facility Table. The system displays only the values that you list in the Campus Table.
- On the Find and Existing Value tab, search for an existing location prior to adding the location
- Once it has been determined that the location does not exisit, click the Add a New Value tab and enter information into the following fields:
- Set ID (Same as Academic Institution code except in case of Districts, e.g. WA170 is Spokane District’s code)
- Location Code (choose an alpha-numeric value from 1 to 5 characters, e.g. MAINL for main location)
- Click the Add button.
- Fill out the Description and Long Description on the Location Address page.
- Click the Save button
Note: The Location Profile tab is not needed. If the location address is not available this can be left blank. Updates to locations should be made by inserting a new effective dated row
Adding Locations to the Campus Table
Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up SACR > Foundation Tables > Academic Structure > Campus Table
After Location codes have been added to the Location Table in HRMS, they need to be attached to the campus via the Campus Table. Locations must be added to the Campus Table to be available for setting up courses or scheduling classes.
- On the Campus TableSearch page, click the Find an Existing Value tab and enter Academic Institution code.
- Click the Search button.
- Go to the bottom of the Campus Table page.
- Click on Include History at the bottom right side of the screen.
- Scroll back to the top of the page and click the (+) sign at the top of the page and input an effective date for the changes
- Click on a plus sign (+) next to one of the existing Location records in the Valid Campus Locations box to add a new record or click the minus (-) sign to remove locations that are no longer active
- Use the magnifying glass to Select the Location you just added in HRMS from the Look Up Table.
- To save time, set up all locations on the location table first. Then attach all new locations to the Campus by adding additional records, (using the + sign,) without leaving the page.
- Then click on the Save button.