Online Student Enrollment for Continuing Education (OSECE) Tips 21h
Purpose: Use this as a reference for how to help students in the OSECE process.
Audience: Continuing Education Staff/Students
Before you begin make sure pop-ups are enabled in your browser.
If you attend more than one location you may need to clear your browser cache before logging in.
Which account should I use?
- If you created an account on this website previously, use that username and password to login to the area that shows username and password.
- If you have a ctcLink account and have activated that account, login with your ctcLink username and password to the area that shows username and password.
Make sure you log out of ctcLink before logging in here.
- If you have NEVER taken classes here in the past and are not currently enrolled create an account (register).
- If you have not activated your account follow the instructions under activate your account below.
Activate Your Account
- Navigate to the ctcLink Sign In page (https://gateway.ctclink.us) or the Activate Your Account page from your college’s website.
- Click the First Time User? link.
- Enter your First Name and Last Name. Please make sure you have entered your name correctly. (If your legal name is a single namesuch as Pran, Madonna or Naniyou must enter a hyphen (-) in the First Name field and enter your single name in the Last Name field.)
- Enter your Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY) as shown or use the calendar icon.
- From the drop down menu select:
- SID (old) if you are a current or returning student or employee.
- ctcLink ID (new) if you are a new student or employee.
- Enter either your SID or ctcLink ID.
- Enter the Captcha information in the “Type the text” field.
- Click the Submit button.
- Select your preferred Hint Questions.
- Provide Answers to your security questions.
- Create your Password. (At least 8 characters, including upper and lower case and a number or special character.)
- Confirm your Password.
- Click the Submit button.
- A pop-up window will appear. Make note of your ctcLink ID.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Close button.
- Once you have activated your account and get the account activation was completed successfully message login to the OSECE app using the ctcLink ID and password you just activated.
- Your email is attached to your ctcLink ID (username) so if you haven’t activated your account you will get a “user already exists” message, if you try to login to OSECE.
Forgot Username or Password
- Click on the Forgot My Username/Password link.
- If you forgot your password put in your user id and click the Continue button. If the email that shows up is correct, answer the security question and click Email New Password.
- If you forgot your user id, click the forgot my user id link.
- Fill in your date of birth, first and last name, and email address and your user id will be emailed to you.
Search for Classes
- Choose quarter and fill in a Title or Class Number then click the Search button.
- Once you find a class, make sure you click the Select box before adding it to cart.
- Click the Details link to view class details.
- Click the Add To Cart button.
- Click the Proceed to Checkout button. Check Validation Result for Validated.
- Enter information and click the Go to payment button.
- Fill out Billing Information and Payment Details, then click the Pay button.
- You will be taken back to OSECE. Click the Confirm button.
- Check amount charged. Validation Result should indicate Enrolled.