Getting Started with Panopto
Purpose: Use this as a reference for how to get started using the Panopto recording tool.
Audience: Anyone using Panopto to record videos
- Go to https://sbctc.instructure.com
- Login with your credentials:
- i.e. email@example.com
- Change password on first use
- At the Dashboard, click the link for Contention Creation Space for Functional, to go to the Courses section for Functional Analysts.
*Note: If you do not have access to this course, please contact a member of the training development team to request access.
- In the Courses section, click the Panopto Recordings link to launch the Panopto page.
*Note - If the Panopto Recorder has not been installed, follow the the steps in the Panopto Recorder Installation Guide.
- Once on the Panopto page click the Create button and select "Record a new session".
- In the Panopto application, under Primary Sources:
- Ensure the Video drop down is set to "none" in order to prevent the video capture of your image from your laptop webcam.
- Ensure the Audio source is pointing to the correct external microphone device.
- In the Secondary Sources, click the Capture Power Point and Capture Main Screen options.
*Note: If Capture Second Screen is chosen when two monitors exist, one monitor will appear as an inset in the recording, in the same way a video capture of the presenter would appear.
- To verify your Settings, click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
- Under Basic Settings, check the "Minimize when recording" box to hide the Panopto windows while recording automatically.
- Optional - Check the "Highlight the mouse cursor during screen capture" to add a halo to your mouse pointer while recording for greater visibility.
- Under Advanced Settings check "Capture in MP4 format" for later editing using your own video editing tools.
- Click the Save button when done editing the settings, which will revert the page back to the Create New Recording page.
- In the Session Settings, click the Folder drop down to pick where the video will be saved to (main functional team site or your own folder tied to your login).
- In the name field, change the title from the date/time stamp to something more meaningful based on the material being presented.
- When ready to begin, click the Record button .