Navigating PeopleSoft - Using Main Menu
Purpose: Use this document to assist in navigating PeopleSoft, specifically using the Main Menu in ctcLink.
Audience: All End Users
The menu items displayed in the PeopleSoft Main Menu will display differently for end users dependent on security levels set. The menu will provide navigation to pages YOU have permission to work with - the greater the level of security, the more populated your menu will be.
- If you click anywhere in the Main Menu a list of folders and documents will be displayed.
- The Main Menu includes a Search Menu (search bar) and a list of Sub Menus.
- The Sub Menus are identified by name and a folder icon to the left.
- If you would like to view the listing in alphabetical order, click on the arrows to re-order in ascending or descending order.
- On the right, you will see arrows that indicate that more sub menus (and documents) are available. If an item does not have an arrow to the right, and looks like a document vs. a folder, it is a "stand alone" document and you will be able to access it directly.
- The arrow at the bottom of the menu allows you to scroll down.
- For the example below, the folder Campus Community was chosen, then the folder Personal Information and then the document Add/Update a Person.
- Following the navigation above leads you to the Find an Existing Value/Add a New Value page. From here you are able to progress.
- Selecting the Home link will return you to the Main Menu.