Budget Overview for Commitment Control - 12g
Purpose: The Budget Overview report in Commitment Control enables you to create quick snapshots of Budget, Encumbrance and Expense balances. These snapshots can vary from summary level of a business unit all the way down to an individual chartfield string.
Audience: Finace Staff/Budget Staff
Entering a Budget
Navigation: Main Menu > Commitment Control > Review Budget Activities > Budget Overview
- Click the Find an Existing Value tab on the Budgets Overview page.
- Select any Inquiry Name.
This is where the filtering information is to create the Budget Overview snapshot.
- Enter the Budget Type information. Select the Business Unit, Ledger Group/Set and Ledger Group. The Ledger Group determines the level of information reported. CC_SUM reports at the summary (or roll-up). CC_ORG reports at the level used for budgeting.
- Enter the Type of Calendar information. Detail Budget Period sorts the data by the Budget Period that was Budget Checked. Detail Accounting Period sorts the data by which period the expenditure was posted in the General Ledger. Summary Accounting Period allows GL accounting period for fiscal year (must select Calendar ID, then period is 1).
- Enter Budget Criteria information. This is the effective date of the budget.
- Enter Chartfield Criteria information. This section is the filtering portion of the snapshot.
The following example uses summary level data in WA220 for the report. The ledger group is CC_ORG and the Accounts are expenses at the budgeting level. The ledger group CC_SUM will list expenses at the summary level.
After entering the ChartField Criteria, select the Search to view results. The results will look like the example below.
The Ledger Totals section is the summary of the criteria used to search on. The Budget Overview Results lists individual ChartFields that meet the criteria. Clicking on Department 10000 will drill down to detailed information.
Continuing to drill down leads the user to the expenditures by period.
Continuing to drill down leads the user to the source document of the expenditure. Clicking on Period 2 results in the following:
Continuing to drill down leads the user to the source document of the expenditure. Select the Voucher ID to see the actual document.