Entering Advising Notes in Advisor Center 07c
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to enter an Advising Note in Advisor Center in ctcLink.
Audience: Academic Advisors
Navigation: Advisor Center > My Advisees
- Select the Advising Note icon next to the applicable student.
- Review previous notes or select Create a Note to enter a new Advising Note.
- Complete required fields and enter note.
- Institution: Select your college
- Category: Select the appropriate category from available options *Note - example shown may not be a valid value for your institution
- Subcategory: Select the appropriate subcategory from available options *Note - example shown may not be a valid value for your institution
- Assigned to: Your emplID will automatically populate this field. Do not change this value.
- Subject: Enter a desired subject for the Advising Note.
- Status: Select the desired status value.
- Yes - allows the student to review the note in their Student Center
- No - the student cannot see the note in their Student Center
- Use free-form text box to enter note.
- *OPTIONAL* Select Add Action Item to create to-do’s for yourself or the student.
- Description: Input a desired Action Item description
- Action Item Status: Select the applicable status
- Due Date: Input the applicable due date.
- *OPTIONAL* Add attachment(s) applicable to the Advising Note.
- Select the Add Attachment button.
- Chose File then select the Upload button.
- When all fields are complete, select the Submit button.
- If satisfied, select Yes on the warning message to save your note.
Note: The Advising Note has now been saved. If made accessible, the student can now review this note in their Student Center.
- *OPTIONAL* If desired, click Notify Advisee to send the student a notification of your Advising Note.
- Select the Notify Advisee button.
- Enter optional message and select the Send button.
- *OPTIONAL* The Advising Note can be updated by selecting the Update Note button.