Enrolling and Updating Employee Life and AD/D Benefits - 9d
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for enrolling and updating life and AD/D benefits in ctcLink.
Audience: Benefits and Human Resource Specialists
Updating Employee Life and AD/D Benefits
NOTE: As of 1/1/2017, HCA passed administration of life insurance to MetLife. This QRG can be used to access records of employees prior to 1/1/2017 who possess a historical record of Life coverage in PeopleSoft.
For more information, see MetLife Interface and Transmittal QRG.
Navigation: Main Menu > Benefits > Enroll In Benefits > Life and AD/D Benefits
NOTE: To see current enrollment selections for an employee; navigate to: Main Menu > Benefits > Review Employee Benefits > Current Benefits Summary.
To enter or update an enrollment:
- Enter the EMPL ID.
- Click the Search button.
- If the employee has other Life and AD/D Benefits Plan Types, click the Add A Row (+) button in the Plan Type section to add a new plan type entry for the selected employee.
- Click the lookup button to select the plan type.
- On the Life and AD/D Benefits page, click the Add a Row (+) button in the Coverage section to add a new coverage entry for the selected employee.
- Enter Coverage Begin Date to specify the date when the coverage period for the updated election starts.
- Enter Deduction Begin Date to specify the date when the employee starts contributing to the benefit plan.
NOTE: Keep payroll dates in mind when determining the Deduction Begin Date.
- The Benefit Plan field will automatically populate. Click the Benefit Plan field lookup icon to select additional options for the plan type selected.
- The Coverage Election Date will default to today’s date unless otherwise specified.
- Click the Save button.