Enrolling an Employee in a Benefit Program - 9d
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for enrolling staff in a benefit program in ctcLink.
Audience: Benefits Administrators, HR Core Administrators
Determine Benefit Program
There are four Benefit Programs that PeopleSoft is capable of administering:
- SB0 - for non-eligible employees; generally employees working less than 50%
- SB2 - for eligible employees at another college or employees eligible for limited benefits such as employees who maintain their retirement plan because they transferred from a school district
- SB1 - for fully eligible employees at the college administering their benefits
- SBA (after tax version of SB1) for fully eligible employees at the college administering their benefits which an employee may opt into
Enrolling an Employee in a Benefits Program in Job Data
Navigation: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- During the EMPL RCD creation process when the HR Admin is creating the employee’s Job Data, at that time the Benefit Program Participation link needs to be interacted.
- Enter the college code in the Benefit Record Number field.
- Benefits System should be Base Benefits.
- Effective Date at the bottom should be the date in which they are eligible to be in the Benefit Program.
- Choose the correct Benefit Program using the lookup.
- This information will not be saved until the full Job Data entry has been completed (see QRG “Adding a New Employment Instance”).
Enrolling an Employee in a Benefits Program in Benefits
Navigation: Main Menu > Benefits > Enroll In Benefits > Assign to Benefit Program
- Using the above navigation path, Enter the EMPLID and Click the Search button
- Use the Assign to Benefit Program page to enroll an employee in the appropriate benefit program.
- Click the Benefit Program lookup icon and select the desired benefit program.
- Click the Save button.