Viewing Employee Benefit Information and Deduction Summary
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for viewing employee benefit information in ctcLink.
Audience: Benefits Administrators
Health Benefit Summary and HCA/Pay1
- Entry of certain Benefits start in HCA/Pay1, which is considered the system of record for these benefits:
- Health and Dental (Health Benefits in PeopleSoft)
- Spousal Medical Surcharge and Tobacco User Medical Surcharge (Simple Benefits in PeopleSoft)
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance (until 1/1/2017 at which time HCA transitioned this to MetLife and this is a deduction through Payroll in PeopleSoft)
- PeopleSoft is the origin of entry and system of record for the following benefits.
- Retirement (both TIAA-CREF and DRS plans)
- Disability (LTD Basic and Optional)
- Savings (403(b) and Section 457)
- Spending (F S A, H S A, and Dependent Care Assistance)
- Payroll in PeopleSoft is the system of record for Life Insurance due to the MetLife deduction
- Life Insurance was transitioned to a Payroll deduction starting 1/1/2017
Viewing Curent Benefits Summary
Navigation: Main Menu > Benefits > Review Employee Benefits > Current Benefits Summary
- Enter the EMPLID in the Search Criteria section.
- Click the Search button.
- Click the Name of the employee to navigate to the Benefit Enrollment Summary page.
- View the employee’s benefits in the Benefit Enrollment Summary tab.
- The information in the Enrollment tab is contingent on a few things:
Coverage Begin date drives display, if entry in PeopleSoft or Pay1 (which comes over to PeopleSoft) isn’t consistent with PeopleSoft’s needs then the Coverage Begin date may not represent the most current effective date.
- The Enrollment tab will pull the highest effective date only in Coverage Begin, even if the Deduction Date has a later effective date.
- Misunderstandings can be circumvented by making sure that the Coverage Begin Date always equals Deduction Begin Date as in the example (and that this entry is also done in the fields mapped from Pay1 into PeopleSoft).
- View the most recent benefits deductions from an employee paycheck in Benefit Deduction Summary
- Information in Deduction is always going to represent the last Payroll period only, not any prior payroll periods
- Seeing multiple rows for the same deduction can happen for various reasons and ERP should be consulted for the exact cause (it does not mean the screen is broken, it often has to do with date or Job Data inconsistencies)
- The last paycheck should be consulted and compared to this page if the Benefits Admin has any doubts about accuracy, and that must be coordinated with the Payroll Admin at the college