Viewing HCA Benefits Data
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for viewing the custom report "HCA Benefits Data" in ctcLink.
Audience: Benefits Administrator
HCA Benefits Data
Navigation: Main Menu > Benefits > CTC Custom > HCA Benefits Data
- Choose the Company (school code) that you are interested in viewing.
- Choose the relevant Coverage Year.
- Choose the relevant Coverage Month.
- At this time you may provide an EMPLID, if a specific employee’s data is desired for that Year/Month combination
- Click Search.
Billing Details Tab
- For the Year/Month combination, the Billing Details tab provides the following fields:
- Name, SSN, EMPLID, Trans Code, Health Plan, Period Covered, EE Premium, ½ EE Premium, EE/ER Premium, EE Refund, ER Refund, Prev Plan, Tobacco Surcharge, and Spousal Surcharge
Billing Summary Tab
- For the Year/Month combination, the Billing Summary tab provides the following rows:
- Total Premiums by Health Plan (each Health Plan has a row)
- Total Premiums for Agency
- HCA Billing Information: Balance Forwarded
- Agency Amount Due This Coverage Period (non-coalition)
- Agency Amount Due This Coverage Period (coalition)
- Total Amount Due This Period
- Net Agency Amount Due
- For the Year/Month combination, the Discrepancies tab provides the following fields:
- Name, SSN, EMPLID, Trans Code, Health Plan, Period Covered, HCA (Employee Cost), Employee Payroll, Difference, HCA (Employer Cost), Employer Payroll, Difference, Message
- There is expected to a discrepancy for Employer Cost as we pay an average not the precise amount dictated by the plan. However, the employee cost should have no difference.
- If there is a Message, it should be examined on a case by case basis for the employee.
Pulling Data Out of PeopleSoft
- For most of these tabs it is often easier to examine the data sets in Excel. To export the data set displayed to excel, look for the Download button at the top of the page. (It looks like a grid with a red arrow pointing to the lower right corner)
- Click the Download button (the grid)
- The download should have started automatically and been sent to your browser’s download folder on your computer, click the file associated with your download
- You may see a warning from Excel, click Yes.
- At this time you should be able to interact with your data in Excel.