Running Inbound HCA Billing
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for using the custom process Inbound HCA Billing in ctcLink.
Audience: Benefits Administrators, ERP
Inbound HCA Billing
Navigation: Main Menu > Benefits > CTC Custom > CTC Interfaces > Inbound HCA Billing
Only ERP or SBCTC Benefits/Payroll specialists will run this process as it is a global load that applies to all colleges
- Create a Run Control ID if you are running this for the first time.
- Enter a Coverage Year and Coverage Month manually.
- HCA delivers two files a month to PeopleSoft, one around the 15th and one around the 26th (give or take a few days)
- The file on the 15th is the final billing for the current month, the file on the 26th is the preliminary billing for the next month
- If the person running it is dealing with the file delivered around the 15th they must use the current year/month (i.e. a 7/15/2017 file would be given a Coverage Year of 2017 and a Coverage Month of 07)
- If the person running it is dealing with the file delivered around the 26th they must use the next month and current year (i.e. a 7/26/2017 file would be give a Coverage Year of 2017 and a Coverage Month of 08)
- Click Run.
- Check the Process Monitor until it says Success/Posted.
- Once the process is initiated, the file is retrieved from a holding area, written to the tables CTC_HCA_BILLING and CTC_HCA_SUMMARY
- The preliminary file is completely overwritten by the final file, once loaded.
- After the file is loaded, the file moves to an archive folder on the server.
- Loads must be timed during the month so that only one file is loaded per run. (They are currently run as part of the after payroll reconciliation process at SBCTC).
- All the information loaded may be seen immediately in the screen HCA Benefits Data (see QRG Viewing HCA Benefits Data)