MetLife Interface and Transmittal
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to understand the MetLife interface andtransmittal's relationship to PeopleSoft at a high level in ctcLink.
Audience: Benefits Administrators, Payroll Adminitrators
Before MetLife File Gets to PeopleSoft
- A single file is sent to the Data Services Integration team at SBCTC from MetLife containing all college data, both schools in Legacy and PeopleSoft
- The file is split out by system (PeopleSoft and Legacy). The PeopleSoft file is transferred to the production environment and automatically loaded into the HCM pillar.
- The file is also split out by college and becomes available in SUE (Secure Upload Engine) for PeopleSoft users to download and use for validation of the automatic data load into HCM.
- College administrators will need to access SUE to retrieve their validation CSV file
- Confirm the CSV changes match entries in PeopleSoft
- Generally an email will come from SBCTC (currently from jboesenberg) to announce the upload has occurred
- Another email follows the first with your login and password
- New administrators should send in a service desk ticket to request access (and it will be vetted for security purposes)
MetLife Inbound File
Navigation: Main Menu > Benefits > CTC Custom > CTC Intrfaces > Inbound MetLife Billing
- This is a change only (add, change, remove) file sent from MetLife with deduction data. Any change to deduction data, would cause an employee to be included in the file.
- Specifics of the file construction can be found in the interface technical document I-119
- SSN is used as the employee identifier
- The file is generally produced 4 days prior to payroll, but is scheduled to run every night so a human being does not necessarily need to run this process.
- The Inbound file, like the Outbound file, includes all colleges so once the file is generated and loaded there will be no new file until the next pay period
- Generally, new data will result in new effective dated records being added to the general deduction for that employee, but it is possible that corrections will be sent requiring the update of an existing record. These would be recognized using the dates based on pay period end date.
- This can start the deduction, change the deduction, or stop the deduction
Note: PeopleSoft table PS_CTC_MET_REMIT maintains the billing file pay end dates that have been processed and will need to be updated for any reruns required.
MetLife Outbound File
Navigation: Main Menu > Benefits > CTC Custom > CTC Interfaces > Outbound MetLife Remit
Note: The outbound process is consolidated, so all runs of a specified payroll must complete successfully at all colleges specified. If all colleges specified have not completed the specified payroll, do not send the MetLife Remit file.
- Outbound file covers all people who had MetLife Insurance deduction 000065 taken from their paycheck that pay period.
- Specifics of the file construction can be found in the interface technical document I-120
- This run is completed by a specific employee in SBCTC, and is not run by the colleges themselves