Enrolling an Employee in Spending Accounts 09
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for enrolling staff into Spending Accounts in ctcLink.
Audience: Benefits Administrators, Core HR Administrators
Enrolling an Employee in Spending Accounts
Navigation: Main Menu > Benefits > Enroll in Benefits > Spending Accounts
- You must know the EMPLID or name of the employee you want to enroll, enter their ID in the Empl ID field.
- Click Search.
- Use the lookup to choose the desired Plan Type
- Plan Type 60 is Flex Spending Health
- Plan Type 61 is Flex Spending Dependent Care
- Plan Type 67 is Health Savings Account
- If there is a previously saved row, then it will be necessary to add a row in the Coverage sub-tab by clicking the (+) button on the right hand side of the screen.
- Enter Coverage Begin Date, Deduction Begin Date, and Election Date
- Coverage Begin Date will depend on the business process of your college, but will typically match the Deduction Begin Date
- Deduction Begin Date is when you want Payroll to begin looking at the screen in order to determine if a deduction will be taken from a pay period’s check. This will typically be the first day of a viable pay period.
- Election Date will depend on the business process of your college and will either represent the day the employee chose the plan or the day that the Benefit Admin entered the information into PeopleSoft
- Use the radio button to select Elect
- Waive will never be used for this Benefit, only Elect and Terminate
- Use the lookup to choose the Benefit Plan
- For each Plan Type there is only one Benefit Plan possible to choose, but it must be entered here
Annual Pledge must have an amount entered
- Even if there is an Override, Annual Pledge must be present
Flat Deduction Amount Override Optional can also be entered at this time
- This is particularly helpful for employees that do not work standard year round jobs.
- This customization was introduced by SBCTC when it was noted that an annual pledge on its own only takes into account a standard number of pay periods in a year not the number of pay periods indicated in the Job Data frequency. This led to underpaying towards the Annual Pledge early in the year until a final pay period in which a large balance would try to be collected by the system. This customization will prevent this situation.
- Override will still be halted when the Annual Pledge is met. Override must be calculated with Annual Pledge, and number of pay periods the employee will experience taken into account.
Account Information is a box that will always give you current YTD activity on this item.
- This is a derived value on the page, which means it cannot be queried.
- To arrive at a similar number, deductions through Payroll would need to be referenced.
- No other entry is needed on this page.
- Click Save