Transferring an Employee to a New Position - 05i
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for transferring an employee to a new position in ctcLink.
Audience: Human Resources Specialists
The Transfer Process
The transfer process consists of four steps performed within the Job Data Component:
- Assign the Effective date.
- Specify a Reason for the transfer.
- Change the employee’s position number.
- Calculate the employee’s compensation.
Step 1: Specify the reason for the transfer
Navigation: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- Enter the EMPLID in the Search Criteria section and click the Search button.
- Select the appropriate Empl Record from the Search Results section.
- If the fields in the Work Location tab need updating, click the Add a Row button to modify this information.
Be sure to add a new row instead of overwriting the current information so a history is maintained
- Enter the effective date of the change in the Effective Date field.
- Select Transfer from the Action drop-down menu.
- Select Transfer from the Reason drop-down menu.
Step 2: Change the Employee’s Position Number
- Click the Position Number lookup icon to search for the new position number or enter the new position number.
Step 3: Change the Employee’s Compensation
- Click the Compensation tab.
- Click the Default Pay Components button
Enter a Comp Rate in the Comp Rate field and Click the Calculate Compensation button to recalculate the compensation of the transferred employee.
- Click the Save button