Adding A New Employment Instance - 05d
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for adding additional assignments in ctcLink.
Audience: Human Resources Staff
PeopleSoft Human Resources enables the user to keep complete job information about workers who hold more than one job at a time in an organization.
Navigation: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Add Employment Instance
- Enter the EMPLID in the Empl ID field.
- Click the Add Relationship button.
The Empl Record field will defualt the next value in numerical sequence
- Change the Effective Date
- Select the Reason drop-down menu.
Note: The Action field is prefilled with Hire.
- Click the Position Number lookup icon and select the desired position.
- Click the Override Position Data button.
- Enter the desired date in the Expected Job End Date field, if applicable.
- Click the Job Information tab.
- Change the Regular/Temporary field, if applicable.
- Change the Full/Part field, if applicable.
- Select the appropriate Empl Class.
- Change the Regular Shift field, if applicable.
- Enter the Supervisor ID
- Enter the desired information in the Standard Hours field, if different than the default value.
- Click the Work Period lookup icon, to select the desired work period for the position; if different than the default value.
Note: The FTE field changes based on hours entered in the Standard Hours field.
- Click the Job Labor tab.
- Enter the Union Code on the Job Labor page, if applicable.
- Click the Payroll tab.
- Select Absence Management in the Absence System field; if applicable.
- Click the Pay Group lookup icon field to select the desired pay group. (See also QRG HCM Pay Groups.)
Note: The Holiday Schedule will default to the State Board Holiday schedule unless your college has a schedule outside of the standard Washington State holiday calendar. If so, you'll need to select the appropriate alternate schedule.
Note: To view how many jobs an employee holds, navigate to: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Review Job Information > Multiple Jobs Summary
- Click the Salary Plan tab
- Enter the appropriate Step
- Click the Compensation tab
- Click on the Default Pay Components button to execute rate code defaults.
- Select the appropriate Frequency
- Click the CTC Job Data tab.
- Enter all necessary data (see QRG for Adding a New Employee with a Job Instance steps)
- Click the CTC Earnings Distribution tab
- Enter the appropriate Earnings Code
- Click the Edit Chartfields link, to select a Combination Code
- Enter the Percent of Distribution assigned to the selected Combination Code
- Click Save
Warning: If you are assigning multiple Earnings Codes and/or Combination Codes the system will require you to indicate which is the primary record
- Click the Employment Data link at the bottom of the page
- Verify the defualted values
- Click the Time Reporter Data link
- Enter the Effective Date
- Select the Time Reporter Type (Elapsed or Punch)
- Enter the Elapsed OR Punch Time Template (should coincide with the Time Reporter Type you selected)
- Select the appropriate Workgroup from the menu options
- Select the appropriate Taskgroup from the menu options
- Click Ok
- Click the Benefits Program Participation link.
- Click the Benefit Program lookup icon.
- Select the desired benefit program.
- Click the Save button.
You have successfully Added a New Employment Instance