Entering Terminations and Retirements - 05d
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to enter terminations and retirement in ctcLink.
Audience: Human Resources Specialist
Entering a Termination or Retirement
Important: The Effective Date of a termination shows the first day of an employee termination status, NOT the last day worked. The Last Day Worked field populates with the date prior to the effective date. The Override Last Day Worked checkbox can be selected to enter the last date the employee actually worked.
The termination process triggers the “Auto-Enrollment” process, which adds a benefit termination row for all benefits the employee is currently enrolled in with the effective date of the first of the next month. The Auto-Enrollment process also changes the benefit program to SBO, the program for benefit ineligible employees. This is done so that if the employee is rehired, old benefit enrollments and deductions will not accidentally restart. Also, certain general deductions that are related to benefits end with the same effective date.
Navigation: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- Enter the EMPLID in the Empl ID field
- Click the Search button
- Click the Add a Row button.
- Change the Effective Date to the appropriate date for the termination
- Select the appropriate action from the Action drop-down menu i.e. Retirement or Termination.
- Select the appropriate reason from the Reason drop-down menu.
- Click Save
- Update Absence Information accordingly. See QRG for Clearing Balances on Terminated Employees http://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/60316/l/804029-clearing-balances-on-terminated-employees-using-advance-off-cycle-balance-adjustment-18
- Update Time & Labor Information.
- Click the Employment Data link
- Click the Time Reporter Data link
- Change the Effective Date (this date should match the date on the Work Location tab)
- Change the Status to Inactive
- Click Ok
- Update Benefits Information. See QRG for Terminating an Employee's Benefits http://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/59977/l/681987-terminating-an-employee-s-benefits
- Click Save
NOTE: When an employee is terminated, security access in NOT terminated. Each college needs to implement a manual business process for removing an employee’s role based security access.