Creating a New Job Code
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating job codes in ctcLink.
Audience: HR Specialists and/or HR Administrators
Job Codes are created in the Set Up HCM module, which requires a specific security role assigned by the college Security Administrator.
Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up HCM > Foundation Tables > Job Attributes > Job Code Table
- Click the Add a New Value tab.
- The Set ID defaults accordingly, change if needed.
- Enter the desired Job Code (maximum of 6 characters; alpha and/or numeric).
- Click the Add button.
On the Job Code Profile Tab:
- The Effective Date will default today's date; change if needed.
- The Status will default to Active; change if needed.
- In the Job Title field, enter the title of the Job (30 characters max).
- In the Short Title field, enter an abbreviated version of the Job Title (10 characters max).
- A description of the job could be stored in the Job Description text box (this can be entered manually or via copy & paste).
- The Job Code Function and Job Subfunction fields can be left blank as neither are currently being used.
- Select a Job Family from the lookup options.
- The Standard Hours will default to 40 hrs; changed if needed.
- The Standard Work Period will default to Weekly (W); change if needed.
- The Workers' Comp Code field is currently not being used.
- The Manager Level menu will default to All Other Positions; select another level option if needed.
- The Comp Freq field will default to the Semimonthly(S) frequency; select another frequency option if needed.
- Select Regular or Temporary in the Regular/Temporary field.
- Select a Union Code from the lookup, if applicable.
- Click the Flag icon to expand the menu
- Select the appropriate EEO-6 Job Category
- Select the appropriate IPEDS-S Job Category
- Enter/Select the appropriate EEO Job Group
- Enter/Select the appropriate FLSA Status
A query has been created, QHC_HR_JOB_JCODE_GRP, in which you can track employees by Job Category and Job Group.
On the Default Compensation tab:
- Enter a Minimum Salary
- Enter a Midpoint Salary (Optional)
- Enter a Maximum Salary
- Select the USD in the Currency field
- Select the appropriate Frequency
- Select the Salary Set ID
- Select a Salary Admin Plan and Salary Grade from Salary Plan/Grade/Step options (do NOT enter a Salary Step here)
REMINDER: The Evaluation Criteria, Market Pay Match, and Non-Base Compensation tabs do not require any entry at this time.
- Click the Save button
Congratulations you have successfully created a new job code!!!!!!