Inactivating a Combo Code
Purpose: Use this document to inactivate a combo code in ctcLink.
Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up HCM > Common Definitions > Chartfield Configuration > Combination Code Table
- Click on the Find an Existing Value tab.
- Enter Set ID and GL Combination to be inactivated.
- Click Search.
- Identify the resulting information as being the Combination Code to be deleted.
- Click Correct History (button at bottom of page).
NOTE: The default will be 01/01/1901 - if the combo code is being deleted because it is in error, leave the date as 01/01/1901, if it is now inactive but once was correctly active, put the date it is inactive.
- Change pull down Status to "Inactive".
- Click Save.
The combo code is now inactive but can be reviewec by running either a query or a PAY760 report.
Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up HCM > Common Definitions > Chartfield Configuration
Check the Process Monitor to review the progress of the Process Run. Once it says "Success" in the Run status column and "Posted" in the Status column, it will be available for use.
There are two ways to find the new Combo Code assigned to this Chartfield string, a query or the HCM PAY760 Report.
Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up HCM > Common Definitions > Chartfield Configuration > Combination Code Report
- Create a new Run Control ID by clicking on the Add a New Value tab and entering in a description name for the Run Control, OR access an already created Run Control by clicking on the Find an Existing Value tab.
- Click Search (for existing Run Control ID) or Add (for new Run Control ID).
- The Combination Code Report should be check marked.
- Click OK.
The run number should appear below the Process Monitor title.
- Click on the Process Monitor link to review the progress of the Run Control. Once is says "Success" in the Run Status column and "Posted" in the Distribution Status, the PAY760 report can be reviewed.
- Click the Go back to Combination Code Report link.
- Click on the Report Manager link.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click on the link Report Description.
The report is a PDF file which can be searched for the combo code.
Press Ctrl+F to find the old combo code to be inactivated (The combo code is the third field on the first line of an entry).
NOTE: The field stating it is "I" for Inactive is next to the combo code number
- When using Ctrl+F, enter the Combo Code number.
Additional Information: At the beginning of a new year, in which there are large volumes of entries, ERP Support can execute a mass upload rather then college staff entering each line. The same is true for mass inactivations for expired combo codes.