Adding a New Employee-Person of Interest - 05d
Purpose: Use this document as a reference fo how to add a new Person of Interest in ctcLink.
Audience: Human Resources Specialist
IMPORTANT: Before you begin this process, be sure to perform the Search Match process to verify if the person has an existing Employee ID.
Navigation: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Add a Person
- On the Add a Person page, the Person ID value will default to NEW. Leave as is if the person does not have an existing EMPLID based on your Search/Match results.
- If the person does have an existing EMPLID found in the Search Match results, follow steps for Adding a New Employee and Instance QRG.
- Select Add Person.
- The Effective Date will default to Today's Date, change if applicable. (This is the date the person will now exist in PeopleSoft, there is Job or Institute assigned to th person here).
- Select the Formate Type dropdown menu and select English.
- Select the Add Name button, then select the First Name field and enter appropriate values.
- Enter appropriate value in the Last Name field.
- Select the Refresh Name button.
- Select OK.
- Select the Date of Birth field and enter the appropriate information. NOTE: Leave the Birth State and Birth Location fields blank. Birth Country auto populates to USA.
- Select the National ID field and enter the Social Security number into the blank field.
- Select the Contact Information tab.
- Select the Add Address Detail link.
- Select the Add Address link. The Edit Address page will appear.
- Enter the Street Address on Address Line 1 (if there is a PO Box, you can enter it on Address Line 2).
- Enter the City.
- Select a State from the lookup icon.
- Enter the Postal (Zip) code.
- Enter the Country (optional).
- Select OK.
WARNING: If the system does not recognize the address it will list potential alternatives. Click the Override Address Verification box to bypass.
- The system will direct you back to the Address History page. This time the address you entered will display on the page.
- Select OK.
- The system will redirect you to the Contact Information tab.
- In the Phone Information, enter the details regarding the phone contact.
- Enter the Telephone number.
- Enter an Extension (optional)
- Select the Preferred check box.
- In the Email Address section, enter the details regarding the email account.
- Select the Email Type from the drop down menu.
- Enter the Email Address.
- Select the Preferred check box.
In order for new employees to receive email notifications through ctcLink (a vital part of the absence managment process, etc.) their Primary Email Address needs to be set up in the User Profile area of PeopleSoft. You will not have access to this area.
- However, you must add this Primary email address in the biographical area in addition to any other email addresses you may include. It does not need to be checked as Preferred but should be entered as Campus. Contact your Local Security Administrators at your college for this address.
- This is important as the Primary email address (e.g. Bsanders@sbctc.edu) drives Workflow and is located in the User Profile (security) area.
Local Security Administrators may or may not have the ability to update the User Profile in PeopleSoft, however they will be able to tell you what the Primary email address will be.
- Since the User Profile is automatically generated each night and is updated based on who was hired earlier that day, best practice is to add the empoyee record in HCM on the same day as the Primary eamil address is entered in the User Profile area.
- If it is not entered on the same day, and your Local Security Administratr does not have access t this area, they will have a log a Service Ticket and the State Board (SBCTC) ERP Support staff will update the User Profile. If they do have access, they an update the User Profile for you after the fact.
- To efficiently set up the primary email address both in the User Profile and in the Biographical areas, your college should develop and communicate an internal business procees that will ensure that this setup is not missed when you onboard an employee.
- Select the Regional tab.
- Select an Ethnic Group from the lookup icon.
- Select the Primary checkbox
TIP: Use the fields in the History section to track your I-9 information.
- In the Veterans section, select a Military Status from the drop down menu.
- If you select a discharge related option, the system will require the Military Discharge Date.
- Select the Organizational Relationships tab.
NOTE: The Smoker History section is optional. The fields do not feed into any other tables.
- Select the Person of Interest option.
- Select the Select Checklist Code list.
- Select Person of Interest.
- Select Add Person of Interest.
- Select Add Relationship button.
NOTE: The Job Data page will display. You have successfully Added a New Employee to Biographical Details.
IMPORTANT: If employee information has been entered and saved before adding job data, you may search using the Add Employment Instance Page. (Navigation: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Organizational Relationships > New Employment Instance)
Navigation: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- In the Work Location tab, select Add Person of Interest from the Action drop down menu.
- Select Reason code from drop down menu.
- Enter Not Applicable under Job Indicator look icon.
- Select or enter the Establishment ID.
- Select the Job Information tab.
- Select the Supervisor ID lookup icon to select the supervisor for the new hire.
- Select the Empl Class drop down menu and select the appropriate classification for the POI.
- Select the Payroll tab.
- Change the default of Payroll for North America to Other for Payroll system.
IMPORTANT: For Volunteer/Person of Interest (POI) type employees, you MUST select the Payroll System of Other from the drop down selection. THis will cause the pay group field to be be blank and prevent the employee data from pushing to Payroll.
- The Salary Admin Plan defaults to PE.
- The (Salary) Grade defaults to V.
- Select Save.