Entering a Disciplinary Action
Purpose: Use this document as a reference to describe an incident that led to a disciplinary action against an employee.
Audience: HR Administrators and HR Specialists
Navigation: Workforce Administration > Labor Administration > Record Disciplinary Actions
- Enter a valid Empl ID into the Empl ID field.
- Select the Search button.
- The Disciplinary Action page enables a user to describe an incident that led to a disciplinary action against an employee.
- Use the Type field to specify a disciplinary action type. A user can select the adjoining Look Up Type button to search disciplinary action types or the value in the field - Enter the desired information into the Type field.
- The Reported Date field contains the current date. Change the date unless the disciplinary action was reported on the current date.
- Use the Description field to enter any comments about the reason for the disciplinary action taken against the employee. - Select the Description field, and enter the desired information into the field. "I.e., Marcia has been late several times over the past three weeks."
- The Supervisor ID field contains the Supervisor ID listed for this employee in the Job Data page - Select the Supervisor ID field, and enter the desired information into the Supervisor ID field.
- The Purge Date field contains a purge date of six months from the reported date. The system automatically generates this date. A user can specify a new value in the Purge Date field, if required - Select the Purge Date field, and enter the desired information into the Purge Date field.
- Use the Letter Code field to identify types of disciplinary letters a user can send to a person - Select the Letter Code field, and enter the desired information into the Letter Code field.
- Select the Action Taken tab.
- Use the Action Taken page to document details of disciplinary actions taken against an employee.
- Use the Disciplinary Step field to specify a disciplinary step for the action taken to resolve the problem - Enter the desired information into the Disciplinary Step field.
- Select the Step Resolution field, enter the desired information into the Step Resolution field.
- Use the Action Date field to enter the date when the disciplinary step took place. The default value is the current date, which a user will change unless the action taken in this step begins today.
- Select the Disciplinary Resolution tab. Use the Disciplinary Resolution tab to record the final resolution of an incident that required disciplinary action.
- Use the Final Resolution field to specify the resolution type that describes how the incident was finally resolved.
- Use the Resolution Comments field to enter any comments a user has about the final resolution.
- Select the Save button.
- End of procedure.