Creating an Applicant - 17b
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to create External and Interenal applicants and link them to a job opening in ctcLink.
Audience: Internal Applicants, HR Staff
Navigation: Main Menu>Recruiting>Create Applicant
- Select the appropriate Applicant Type from the drop down menu.
- Select the appropriate Preferred Contact from the drop down menu.
Note: If you are creating an Internal Applicant you will need to enter the Empl ID. This will auto-populate the additional fields necessaraay to Biographical lnformation (Name, Address, Email, and Phone Numbers).
In the Name section:
- Select English in the Name Format field.
- Select the Prefix, if applicable.
- Type the person's first name in the First Name field.
- Type the person's middle name (full or initial) in the Middle Name field.
- Type the person's last name in the Last Name field.
- Select the Suffix, if applicable.
In the Address section:
- The Country field will default to United States, change if applicable.
- Type the street address in the Address 1 line.
- Enter the City Name in the City field.
- Select the State from the drop down menu.
- Enter the County Name in the County field.
In the Applicant Status section:
- The Status Code will defualt to Active, change if needed.
- Select the Status Reason from the drop down menu.
- The Status Date will default today's date, change if needed.
In the Email Addresses section:
- Select the Email Type, from the drop down menu.
- Enter the email address in the Email Address field.
- Click the Primary box.
Note: The Primary indicator box must always be checked.
In the Phone Numbers section:
- Select the Phone Type, from the drop down menu.
- Enter the 10 digit phone number in the Telephone field.
- Click the Primary box.
Note: The Extension and Country Code fields are optional.
- Click Save
Note: After you SAVE, the applicant will be assigned an Applicant ID and a new tab titled "Applications" will appear.
- Click the Applications tab.
- Click the Edit icon OR Add Application button.
- Click the lookup icon in the Job Opening ID field, to select the appropriate job to link the applicant to.
- Select a Job Family.
- Enter the Personal Information.
- Enter the Preferences, optional.
Note: If the applicant is an existing employee the Personal Information section will auto-populate with the existing data in Biographical Information.
Preferences are optional and can be left for the applicant to complete on their own.
- Enter the Resume Title (this is a free text field).
- Click the Attach Resume button to upload an electronic copy of the resume OR expand the No Resume Text field to enter free text.
- Click the Add Attachments button to upload Cover Letters, References, etc.
- Click the Add Work Experience to add the applicant's work history
- Select the appropriate Highest Education Level.
Note: If the applicant is an existing employee the Highest Education Level section will auto-populate with the existing data in Biographical Information.
- Enter any additional qualifications, if applicable (Trainings, Degrees, etc).
Note: The Training, Areas of Study, Competencies, Degrees, and School Education fields, etc. are all optional fields during this process.
- Click Save.
- Click Return.
Note: References can be added this time or at a later date.
The Eligibility and Identity Information will be entered during the Manage Hires process.
You have successfully Created An Applicant.