Creating Openings from Positions - 17
PURPOSE: Use this document as a reference for creating openings from positions in ctcLink.
AUDIENCE: HR Specialists, Recruiting Specialists, HR Administrators.
ADVISORY: This process applies only to openings for jobs with a position number (typically full-time positions).
Start by navigating to the following:
Main Menu > Recruiting >Administration >Create Openings from Positions (this page requires a Run Control)
- Select the Add New Value tab
- Enter a Run Control ID (this unique identifier can be alpha or numeric)
- Select the Add button
- The Allow Duplicates box (optional).
- The Originator field will default with your Empl ID. If not, Enter your Empl ID.
- Select Save
- Select Run (this will activate the Process the Scheduler Request)
WARNING: Clicking the Allow Duplicates box will create an opening for ALL vacant positions; including those that have an existing opening.
- Select OK (this will activate the Process Scheduler)
- Select the Process Monitor link
As the process runs,
- Select the Refresh button, until the Run Status updates to Success, and the Distribution Status updates to Posted
- Select the Go back to Create Job from Positions link
- Select the Report Manager link (this will redirect you to the Report Manager page, where all reports you've run within a specific time frame will be listed)
- Select the Report name, HRS_CRJOB to open the report results
- Select on the name link, AE_HRS_CRJOB_######.log (this will open the log which will list the results of the report, i.e. the number of openings created and the newly created opening ID.)
For this example the system generated 1 Job Opening and the Job Opening ID is 10091. You can now find the Job Opening ID under the Status of Draft
Next navigate to Main Menu > Recruiting > Search Job Openings, Enter the Job Opening ID and select the Job Opening Type DRAFT. See QRG, Creating a Job Opening and Entering Job Details, for instructions on entering job details.
Congratulations you have successfully created an opening from positions!!!!