Checking for Absence Calculation Errors - 18g
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to check for absence calculation errors in ctcLink.
Audience: Payroll Administrator and Leave Administrator
Navigation: Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Absence and Payroll Processing > Review Absence and Payroll > Payee Iterative List
- Enter the appropriate information in the Calendar Group ID field.
- Click the Search button.
- Click the Process Action drop-down menu and select Not Calculated.
- Click the Select Payees button.
- The desired results are no errors in the Payee section. However, if there are errors click the Messages link to review the issue.
- A message displays, use this message to fix the error.
- After the errors are fixed, run the Identify and Calculate Absence Process again. See the Running the Identify and Calculate Absence Process Quick Reference Guide.NOTE: (OPTIONAL) If you receive no errors when running this with the “Not Calculated” option in the Process Action box, you can run it again and select the “Initial Calculation” option in the Process Action box to view what was calculated.
Navigation: Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Absence and Payroll Processing > Review Absence and Payroll > Processing Statistics
- Navigate to Processing Statistics and select a Calendar Group ID of concern
- Identified/Calculated calendars will display
- Finalized calendars will display
- Processing Statistics in general is only for looking at how the Entitlement or Take process itself, it will not tell which specific employees errored out, those specifics must be found in Payee Iterative List
- Look at the section “by Calculation Status”
- If anything shows up “In Error” the run will not be able to finalize
- “Calculated” should be 100%
- If the run was Finalized, the field “Finalized” should be 100%
Navigation: Main Menu > Global Payroll Absence Management > Absence and Payroll Processing > Prepare Payroll > Review Triggers
- Go to the Review Triggers menu
- Enter an EMPLID of concern and Search
- There are three types of triggers:
- Segmentation: global, not tied directly to an employee
- Retro: tied to an employee
- Iterative: may or may not be tied to an employee triggers
- If the suspicion of the functional professional is that a trigger may be the cause, register a ticket with ERP to confirm before any further action is taken in Review Triggers
Navigation: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Self Service Transactions > Approvals and Delegation > Monitor Approvals
- Go to the Monitor Approvals menu item.
- Enter an Approver EMPLID or Requester EMPLID depending on the situation to generate search results.
- Depending on the information displayed, the break in workflow might be evident.
Navigation: Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Absence and Payroll Processing > Review Absence and Payroll > Results by Calendar Group
- See the Results by Calendar Group QRG for a complete guide on how to read and use these screens.
Navigation: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- Navigate to Job Data and enter an EMPLID and Empl Record of concern
- Confirm the following things in Job Data:
- Absence System is set to Absence Management and not Other
- Payroll for North America is set up with the correct Pay Group etc.
- Absence Management System agrees with the Pay Group above in Payroll
CTC Job Data Tab
- Leave Accrual Date is correct for that employee
- Payroll Tab