FMLA Submission and Processing in PeopleSoft - 18c
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to enter FMLA as an employee and an administrator in ctcLink.
Audience: Benefits Administrators, HR Administrators, Employees, Managers
Submitting FMLA in PeopleSoft as an Employee
Navigation: Main Menu > Self Service > Time Reporting > Report Time > Absence Request
- FMLA must be entered, as an employee, through the Absence Request screen.
- FMLA is not its own Absence Name type, it will always be a reason associated with certain valid Absence Name types.
- The following leave types contain FMLA reasons: Sick Leave (CSL), Vacation (VAC), Personal Holiday (P/H), Personal Leave (PRL), Leave Without Pay (LWO).
- The duration and the amount of paid leave the employee wishes to take is up to the employee.
- If there is no balance available for the employee to take from paid leave types, then the employee must submit time coded to Leave Without Pay.
- It’s important that, if am FMLA reason is chosen for an absence that the employee has consulted with their manager prior to submission.
Processing FMLA in PeopleSoft as an Administrator
Navigation: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- If an employee wishes to submit PAID leave associated with FMLA, the following system entry will need to be completed in Job Data.
- Action: Paid Leave of Absence.
- Reason: (choose the most relevant reason, as of 12/19/2016 there is not yet a reason requested by colleges under this Action for FMLA).
- Effective Date: Reference the employee Absence Request to choose the first date of the paid absence.
- If there is additional unpaid FMLA that must be coded into Job Data separately.
- If an employee wishes to submit UNPAID leave associated with FMLA, the following system entry will need to be completed in Job Data
- Action: Leave of Absence
- Reason: Family and Medical Leave Act
- Effective Date: Reference the employee Absence Request to choose the first date of the unpaid absence
- If there is additional paid FMLA that must be coded into Job Data separately
- Once entry is complete in Job Data, it would typically be good practice to notify the Benefits and the Absence Admins at this time.