Clearing Balances on Terminated Employees Using Advance Off Cycle & Balance Adjustment - 18
Purpose: Use this document to clear balances for terminated employees by using the Advance Off Cycle and Balance Adjustment in ctcLink.
Audience: Payroll/Absence Management Staff
Navigation: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- Create a termination line in Job Data (this can be Current or Future dated).
Navigation: Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Payee Data > Maintain Absence > Review Absence Balance Calendar
- Refer to the employee's current balance for validation purposes. These balances are the balances at the time of termination. They will not include the subtractions for the current Take or additions from the current month Entitlement.
(Optional) Cancel any current absence process for your college. Run the current month Entitlement (Identify, Calculate and Suspend Active). The purpose of this will just be to look at what the employee will and would accrue at the time the entitlement is run. If the admin does not finalize, this will not save against the employee balances.
Navigation: Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Absence and Payroll Processing > Review Absence/Payroll Info > Results by Calendar Group
(Optional) In the example, the admin can see that the March Entitlement run gives the terminated employee their last accrual (8 hours CSL, and 13.33 hours VAC). Final balances are also represented in the Accumulators tab. This is part of validation.
Navigation: Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Absence and Payroll Processing > Off Cycle > Off Cycle Demand
- Create an Off Cycle run to process one or more terminated employees:
- To run it for multiple people, they must be in the same Absence Pay Group;
- The Target Period ID will be that current month’s Entitlement run;
- Name it something descriptive
- Select Create Request button
- Use the Advances drop down and add the employee(s) who are being terminated.
- For every EMPLID, select Advance Details.
- Select From and Thru Date to populate the dates that apply to the Entitlement ( in the example this means March would be 3/1/xxxx-3/31/xxxx).
- Select OK.
- Select Apply and OK when all EMPLIDs have been interacted with.
- Select Create Calendar Group (this will not typically need changes).
- Select Apply and OK.
- Select Calculate, once calculation has completed, a pop up window will show you results:
- Calculation Status will tell you if the calculation was successful or not
- Select Messages, and look at any details of any messages that were created;
- If any errors were generated, cancel the Off Cycle run and go to examine the issues before trying to run the Off Cycle again
- Typically Messages will contain blanks or no information, this means there were no errors
- Select Finalize and a pop up box will let you know when process is complete.
Optional: Confirm the employee balances by looking at the Review Balances screen. This will be updated with the new entitlements.
(Screen example below)
Navigation: Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Payee Data > Adjust Balances > Absences
- Find the last finalized absence process for the employee (it must have been within the past 90 days).
- View the current balances in the Review Balances screen to create negative entries against the finalized absence calendar (in the example below, Feb. 2017 entitlement shown).
- Run the off cycle process for the finalized Absence Calendar.
- View the balance in the Review Balances.
- The terminated employee now has 0 balances, a correcting entry to reference if they return, and will not get more balance given to them in the next entitlement run.
- Place the employee in Absence System of Other (remove them from Absence Management)