Adding an Instructor 21b (VC06)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add an instructor to the Instructor/Advisor table in ctcLink
Audience: Class Scheduling Staff
Navigation: Main Menu → Curriculum Management → Instructor/Advisor Information → Instructor/Advisor Table
When a new instructor is hired they will be entered into the HR system and synched to Campus Solutions to create a person record in Campus Community. Once the record is available, follow these steps to make them a valid instructor for selection in the class schedule.
- Look up the Instructor by ID or Last/First Name then click Search or select from the list.
- On the Instructor/Advisor Table tab in the Instructor Details section enter the following:
- Effective Date: will default to current date unless an adjustment needs to be made.
- Status: Will default to Active.
- Instructor Type: Select from List.
- Academic Institution: Enter or look up.
- Primary Academic Org: Select from the list.
- Instructor Available: Select Available.
- In the Instructor/Advisor Role section enter the following:
- Career: Enter or look up
- Remaining Fields are optional
- The Approved Courses tab fields are optional and enable colleges to limit the specific subjects or courses in which instructors can be assigned.