Cancel Classes Using Schedule Class Meetings 21b (VC06)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to cancel classes in ctcLink
Audience: Course Scheduling staff
Navigation: Main Menu > Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Schedule Class Meetings
Use the Schedule Class Meetings - Enrollment Control page to update class status values. When you need to cancel a class that has multiple sections, it is more efficient to use this component than to cancel the section through the Schedule of Classes component. Most fields on this page are “display only” because the primary reason for accessing this class meeting is to update the class status value.
- Search for the class you want to cancel, entering the Academic Institution, Term, Subject, and Catalog Number.
- Navigate to the Enrollment Control Page. The Class Status is Active by default. The following 3 statuses set the enrollment status to closed and these sections do not appear in class search:
- Stop Further Enrollment
- Cancelled Section
- Tentative Section
- Change the Class Status to Cancelled Section.
Warning! If you want to cancel the section regardless of whether students are enrolled, you must select the Cancel if Student Enrolled check box. Doing so drops any students who are enrolled in the section and requires that you recalculate tuition for those students.
- The Cancel Class button will become available.
- Status must be Cancelled Section.
- Sections must be cancelled one at a time.
- Print class rosters prior to cancelling the class.
- Select the Cancel Class button to cancel this class section.
- The Cancellation Date will appear next to the Cancel Class button.
- Select the Save button.