Creating Combined Sections 21b (VC06)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating combined sections in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records staff
Creating Combined Sections
Navigation: Main Menu > Curriculum Management > Combined Sections > Combined Sections Table
If you need to offer two or more separate classes as one class offering, you can combine sections. For example, you may have a course that is offered by the Economics Department (ECON 101) that is identical to a course that is offered by the Business School (BUSN 111)
- On the Combined Sections Table page enter relevant search information.
- Academic Institution code (e.g. WA171 for Spokane Community College)
- Academic term code (e.g. 2147 for Fall 2014)
- Session select from the drop down menu (e.g. Regular Academic Session)
- Select the Search button.
- On the Combined Sections Table page you are defining the codes that will be assigned to the class sections to link them in the class schedule.
- ctcLink will generate a Combined section ID; this can be changed if needed.
- Enter the Description and Short Description.
- Select the Save button.
- To identify the sections to combine, select the View Combined Sections link.
- Room Capacity Section
Note: The Room Capacity defined on this page links to room scheduling software and can be different from enrollment capacity.
- On the Identify Combined Sections tab, enter the Class Number in the Class Nbr field.
- Select the plus sign at the end of the row to add the additional course numbers to be combined.
- Permanent Combination Checkbox: Select this check box to command the system to roll the combination when you perform the prior term copy process.
- Skip Mtg Pattern Instr Edit:Select this check box to combine sections with different meeting patterns and instructor information.
- Select the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the View Combined Sections Table to return to the previous page to identify additional combined sections. On the Combined Sections Table, repeat the steps above by selecting the [+] for all combined sections for the session identified.