Defining Class Associations 21b (VC06)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for reviewing class associations for a course in ctcLink.
Audience: Class Schedule staff
Navigation: Main Menu → Curriculum Management → Schedule of Classes → Adjust Class Associations
ctcLink creates the Class Association page when you enter and save the schedule of classes. The associated class number links all class sections that constitute a single course offering. ctcLink populates all of the fields on this page by default from the course catalog.
- Academic Institution: enter or select the appropriate college code (e.g. WA171 for Spokane Community College).
- Term: enter or lookup the term (e.g. 2147 for Fall 2014).
- Subject Area: enter or lookup the subject (e.g AGGEN for Agriculture, General).
- Catalog Nbr: enter or lookup the catalog number (e.g. 151).
- Select the Search button.
- Use the Class Associations page to adjust units, change instructor edit views, and select the blind grading option after scheduling a class.
- If applicable, click the View All link to view all associated classes.
- The Class Roll button is used if the class is scheduled and students are enrolled, and changes are made to the fields in the Class Associations component since in most cases this affects student enrollment. To update the enrollment records of each student in the class Class Roll button for all rows on the page. ctcLink creates enrollment maintenance transactions through a COBOL process and displays an enroll request ID related to these transactions. Best practice is to write down the enrollment request ID numbers for use on the Block Enrollment page. The COBOL process considers the following fields when updating student records:
- Minimum Units.
- Academic Progress Units (when minimum and maximum units are the same).
- Financial Aid Units (when minimum and maximum units are the same).
- Course Count (if set to Course Count Enrollment on the Academic Program - Course page).
- Billing Factor.
- Tuition Group.
- Grading Basis.
- Requirement Designation
To update the students' records, navigate to the Block Enrollment page and run the block enrollment process using this enroll request ID. ctcLink uses the enrollment maintenance transactions grouped within this enroll request ID to update the student enrollment records that your changes have affected.
- The Class Components tab is used to modify aspects of class components such as grading basis, course components, and requirement designations. ctcLink creates the record here when you enter and save the schedule of classes. The associated class number links all class sections that constitute a single course offering.
- Use the Class Requisites tab to modify, and, if appropriate, add a requirement group to a class.
- Select the Also Use Catalog Requisite check box to use the course catalog requisite as well as the class requisite in the enrollment process. If you have requisites in the course catalog and do not want to use them for the class offering, clear the Also Use Catalog Requisite check box.
- Select the Detail link to access the Requirement Group Summary page to review the enrollment requisites for both the course and class. Enter the class requisite requirement group.