Modifying Class Section Components, Grading and Enrollment Requirements 21b (VC06)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for modifying components at the class level in ctcLink
Audience: Student Records staff
Modifying Class Components
Navigation: Main Menu > Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Adjust Class Associations
Changing Class Components starts with a search for the existing class components using the Adjust Class Associations search page.
- Navigate to the Adjust Class Associations search page and search by Institution, Term, Subject and Catalog Number.
- Select the course in the search results to open the Adjust Class Associations page. The system creates the record here when you enter and save the schedule of classes. The associated class number links all class sections that constitute a single course offering.
- Select the Class Components tab.
- In the example below, the lab sections plus the associated lecture section have the same associated class number. The system populates all of these fields by default from the course catalog.
Note: Association number 9999 can be associated with any other associated class number. When a student enrolls in a class, the system verifies that the student has enrolled in a section with all required components of the course (such as lecture, lab and clinical) from within the same associated class group (or from group 9999). You can only assign association number 9999 to non-graded components.
- Modify the course component information in the Class Components window. Change the contact hours, final exam status and which components to use (by changing components that are not needed to optional.)
- Select the Save button.
Note: Modifying the course components and the contact hours for each component creates inconsistency between this page and the Meetings page in the Class Schedule. Although you can edit the corresponding fields on the Meetings page, with no impact elsewhere in the system, you should, for clarity, maintain consistency between these two pages. The system itself performs no cross-reference verification to ensure that the corresponding values match. Thus, to maintain consistency you should verify that the course component contact hours on this page equal the instructor contact hours on the Meetings page.