Adding Course Attributes and Values to Courses 21a
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for adding course attributes and course attribute values to courses in ctcLink
Audience: Student Records Staff
Adding Course Attributes
Navigation: Main Menu > Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog
Enter the general characteristics that describe the course offering in the Course Attribute and Course Attribute Value fields. They are primarily used for institutional research purposes, reporting, and for printing repetitive text in the catalog and schedule of classes. Course Attributes are not provided to the Academic Advisement application. Course Attributes are defined on the Course Attribute Table page. An example of a course attribute is Fund Source (SFND) with course attribute values of:
- 1 - Fully State Funded
- 2 - Partially State Funded-Sup
- 3 - Partially State Funded-Shared
- 4 - Grant and Contract Funded
- 5 - Self-Support.
- Using Find an Existing Value; enter the Academic Institution, Subject and Catalog Number of the course where you want to add Course Attributes.
- Click on the Catalog Data tab to add a Course Attribute to this Course.
- Scroll down until you reach the Correct History button (before you can change an existing course, you need to be in Correct History mode.) Click the Correct History button.
- Scroll up to the Course Attributes window.
- Click on the plus sign in the Course Attributes window to add a new course attribute record. Select from the available values by using the search tool (magnifying glass) next to the Course Attribute field. This opens the Look Up Course Attribute Table.
- Select the Course Attribute desired by clicking on it.
Note: Course Attribute Codes beginning with S are reserved for SBCTC-Olympia use. Many of these “S” codes will be used for reporting purposes, for example SFND-Fund Source, SCCN-Common Course Number, SINT-Course Intent, and SBST-I-Best. For more information, see the Student and Course Coding Manual v1.5 on the SBCTC website page.
- Next, choose a Course Attribute Value for this Course Attribute. Click on the magnifying glass to bring up the Course Attribute Value Look Up Table.
- Choose the appropriate Course Attribute Value by clicking on it.
- Click the Save button.
If colleges would like additional attributes added to courses, a request would need to be made with the Change Advisory Board.