Adding Course Fees - 21a (VC05)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add a course fee in ctcLink
Audience: Course Builders
Navigation: Main Menu > Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog
Fees added at the course level are not seen on the class schedule pages. Course fees will be charged in addition to any fees added at the class schedule level. Course fees apply to all sections of a class that is scheduled.
- Search for the Course.
- Academic Institution: Enter or look up.
- Term:Enter or look up.
- Subject Area:Enter or look up.
- Using remaining search options to narrow the results.
- Click Search and select class from list.
- On the Components tab click the Add Fee button.
- The data on the Course Fees Modal search page will default.
- Input the Term code for the term the fee should apply.
- Most courses should remain with the Always default.
- If the class should not charge tuition select Not include in term tuition from the drop down menu.
- Click the [+] button to add additional terms.
It is recommended to set up course fees yearly for all terms in the academic year
- Click the Course Sub-Fees Modal tab to select the fee to charge and enter the amount.
- Select an Account Type.
- Consult local business process to determine the account type.
- Item types are the specific codes for the fee being charged. Consult local business process to determine the item type code to be used for specific courses.
Note: Item types have been cross-walked from Legacy fee codes and use the same descriptions as the Fee Codes in legacy.
- Fee Trigger: Always select Use criteria.
- Fee Amount Equation: Leave blank.
- Fee Amount fields: Fees should be charged as a Flat Amount only
- Min/Max Amounts: These fields only apply to this class section and would only be used if charging per unit. Do not use
- Adjustment Code: STD (Standard).
- Due Date Code: STD (Standard).
- Waiver Group: Please contact your student financial office regarding which Waiver Groups to use as they are college specific
- Use the [+] sign to add additional fees. Click the Apply button to save data.
- Click the OK button to return to the course.