Creating or Updating Course Lists for Enrollment Requirements 21h
Purpose: Use this as a reference for how to define course lists within ctcLink
Audience: Course Builders
Main Menu > Curriculum Management > Enrollment Requirements > Enrollment Course Lists
- Search for an existing course list or click Add a New Value to add a new course list.
*Note: If adding a new course list allow the Course List number to default 00000000 this will be updated once the course list is saved.
- On the Course List Description Tab, input or edit the following information:
- Effective Date: it is recommended to use 1/1/1901
- Status: Leave as Active
- Description: Input a list description
- Short Description: Input a short description
- Long Description: This description allows additional details but is not seen when looking up the course list on other pages
- Academic Institution: Input college code
- Additional fields are optional
If making edits to an existing course list click the FETCH button on the course list detail tab to view courses already assigned.
- On the Course List Detail tab, fill out the following information:
- Course ID: Input the catalog id for the course
- Wildcard Indicator: See below step 4
- Click Include Equivalent Courses if you want to include transferred in or courses set up in course equivalencies
- Term (optional): If the student must complete the course in a specified term or else leave blank
- Associated Class (optional): This must be used to identify a specific course in a specific term
- Topic ID (optional): If the course offers multiple topics, this can be used to specify the topic ID that must be completed
- If you want to include Wildcard courses rather than a specific course ID, the fields available for Wildcard definition will change.
- Select the Wildcard Indicator Checkbox.
- Example: This would allow the users to input Subject only to include all ENGL& courses.
- Can also be used with wildcard character in the Catalog number. The example below shows this which would allow all ENGL& 100 level courses.
- Click the [+] or [-] to add or remove more courses or Wildcards.
- On the Course List Parameters tab all fields are optional and allows users to specify more specific course details.