How to Inactivate a Course - 21a
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to inactivate a course in ctcLink.
Audience: Course Builders
Navigate to course catalog: Main Menu > Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog
- Search for the course you wish to inactive by entering the appropriate information into the fields below:
- Academic Institution
- Subject Area
- Catalog Nbr
- Course ID
- Include History check box is checked
- Click the Search button.
- Choose course you wish to inactivate from Search Results provided.
Warning: Timing and effective dating changes to course catalog are very important to prevent issues with FTE calculations. All course changes should be done by adding new effective dated rows (never use correct history).
- Add a new Effective Date row for 5 days prior to the term the course should no longer be offered.
- Example: BARB 101 offered Spring 2017 will become inactive effective Summer 2017. On date of decision (1/20/2017) add effective dated row of 6/25/2017 (any date between end of spring and prior to 1st day of summer, best to use a few days prior to 1st day of summer).
- Then change the Status to inactive. On this date the course will no longer display in the online course catalog.
- Select the Offerings tab and uncheck “Allow Course to be Scheduled:” This prevents classes from being scheduled for any term that starts after effective date. Assuming the change was made before class building for the term started.
- Click the Save button.