Notifying Students via Class Roster 21b
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to send a notification to students on a class roster in ctcLink
Audience: Curriculum Staff
Prior to cancelling a class, students on a class roster should be notified using the steps in this QRG.
Navigation: Main Menu > Curriculum Management > Class Roster > Class Roster
- Search for the applicable class.
- Enter the applicable Academic Institution, Term, Subject Area and Catalog Number or Class Number.
- Click the Search button.
- Select students to notify.
- Check the box next to each student or click Select All.
- Click the Notify Selected Students button.
Students whose name is not hyperlinked do not have an email address stored in the system. These students cannot be notified. No checkbox is available for these students.
- Fill out the notification fields.
- From: Your preferred email address is used as the From email. This cannot be changed.
- To: Your preferred email address is automatically populated in this field. This value can be changed or removed.
- CC: Add any additional email addresses that should be CC’d on this notification.
- BCC: The email addresses of all students selected from the roster will appear in the BCC field. Add any additional email addresses that should be BCC’d on this notification.
- Subject: Input the desired subject line.
- Message Text: Enter the desired cancellation message.
- When notification is ready to send, click the Send Notification button.
- If applicable, repeat steps 1 - 4 to notify waitlisted students of cancellation.
- On the class roster page, use the *Enrollment Status drop-down box to select Waiting students.
- To finish cancelling the class, follow the steps listed in Cancel Classes Using Schedule Class Meetings QRG.