Adding Textbook Information to a Class 21b
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add textbook information to a class in ctcLink
Audience: Class Scheduling Staff
Textbook information can be added to classes in the class schedule at the time classes are built in PeopleSoft or added as the information becomes available.
Navigation: Main Menu → Curriculum Management → Schedule of Classes → Maintain Schedule of Classes
- Look up the class by Institution, Term, Subject and Catalog Number then select the Search button.
- Use the arrows on the Class Sections bar to find the section for which you want to add text book information and then select the Textbook tab.
College can add specific textbooks to each section of the class or add a link to the college bookstore in the Special Instructions section to link students to their bookstore website.
- Use the Course Materials, Details and Notes tabs to add specific textbooks, course resources and other materials to each section of the class.
- Click the [+] to add multiple textbooks or course materials.
- Use the Special Instructions box to input the college bookstore website. This can be done in lieu of adding specific course materials or in addition to the specific course materials.
- Change the Textbook Assignment Status to TextBook entry complete by selecting the radio button.
- Click the Save button.
Textbook information will display in the Class Details for the section of the class.
Copying Textbooks Between Sections
If multiple sections of the same class use the same textbook, college can copy the textbook information between sections.
- Go to the Section of the class that needs Textbooks assigned and select the Copy Textbooks button.
- A warning message will display that Copying Textbook information from another section will delete any existing information on this section for textbooks, select the OK button to overwrite existing information.
- Users will be taken to a Class Search to identify the class the textbook information will be copied from, input the search criteria to identify the class.
- Once the class section is identified, click the Select button.
- Verify the textbook information that was copied.
- Select the Save button.
Low Cost Textbooks
- For low cost textbooks, enter course attribute information and value in the Class Attributes section of the Basic Data tab.
- Course Attribute - SLCM
- Course Attribute Value - SLCM
- Enter "The required instructional materials cost $50 or less; there may be additional mandatory equipment/supplies to purchase." in the Special Instructions box of the Textbook Assignment section of the Textbook tab.
No Cost Textbooks
For No Textbook to Purchase classes, enter course attribute information and value in the Class Attributes section of the Basic Data tab.
- Course Attribute - SOER
- Course Attribute Value - OER
- On the Textbook tab, select the radio button “Textbook entry complete”.
- Enter "The required instructional materials are provided online at no cost during the course. A printed version and some supplementary course materials may be available for purchase in bookstore.” in the Special Instructions box of the Textbook Assignment section.
- Performing a class search would show the results below.