Faculty Workload (FWL) Process (4/20/17)
Topic: Faculty Workload (FWL) Process
Meeting Date/Time: April 20, 2017
Meeting Facilitator: Brian Lanier
Meeting Information: Solution Design Walk-Thru Review
WebEx Recording: Due to the personal information available within this Listen & Learn remediation session, the recording is being hosted in the Community of Practice Canvas course. This is in keeping with our FERPA commitment. All SSN/Bank Data are redacted. Please contact Jo Munroe for viewing access.
Key HCM Module Involved
- Payroll for North America
- Workforce Administration
- Faculty Workload (FWL)
- (S/T) Simplify Process
- (T) Quick Process for non-instructional appointments
- (T) Mass printing appointments/contracts
Remediation Ticket Information
Current FWL Process (New, Cancelled, etc.)
- Problems are that the special assignments are too cumbersome when calculating additional contracts.
- Changes being made to weekly contact hours and it causes issues with the amount of contact hours per term.
- Admins submit quarterly spreadsheet of all classes with courses offered and instructors.
- Admins are responsible for listing the appropriate empl record for instructors when assigning them to course.
- Admins will cancel classes then send notification to AP. AP will then go in and make adjustments and cancel contracts.
- Adjustments are done at noon the day before payroll cutoff.
- AP does Non-Instructional contracts and assignments (not done by Admins).
- AP approves all contracts/appointments; Deans are not required to sign appointments.
- AP notifies faculty when contract/appointment letter is ready. Signature from instructor is not required in order for the instructor to get paid.
- Campus Admins do all the processing (calculations, generating contracts, etc.) in FWL
- Approval flow=HR > Dean > Instructor
- Ok to Pay; payline extract
- Master Contracts
Topic: Suggestions for Simplifying the Process
- Hoping that there is a solution for staff being paid out of different combo codes; currently we are changing it on the payline during payroll.
- When a calculation is running, our hope is that the system can freeze those changes.
- Meeting locations.
- After an Admin enters data in the class we'd like to see a system generated report/spreadsheet for auditing
- Will wait for Tuesday's meeting when Melody can be here.
- Would like a FWL Comment Box
- Need Best Practice