Advisement [VC-TBD/BPD07] v1
User Acceptance Test Overview
The information below is intended to provide colleges guidance on performing a User Acceptance Test on this business process. The business process shown in the flow diagrams below may be only part of what is needed to complete an end-to-end test of a full business cycle. Coordination with other colleagues at your college in advance of commencing testing is key to success. In the same way that it doesn't take a single individual to operate the business of running a college it will require coordination across departments to successfully test a business flow from beginning to end.
When testing the Advising process it will be important to test the advising of students that have varying intentions for their learning experience, such as:
- Needing to take courses to ready themselves for entry into a program.
- Taking courses that align with their eligibility for Financial Aid.
- Seeking a short-term certificate.
- Ensuring assessment test scores meet minimum criteria for taking required courses.
Advisement Business Process Flow Diagram(s)
Links to Quick Reference Guides - Steps in the Test Process
Security Roles Necessary for Testing
The following Quick Reference Guides (QRG) below denote the steps to execute testing. Below each QRG link the necessary Security Role(s) that are critical for testing the pages/components shown in the QRG. Each QRG may require a different Security Role.
<add QRG links in process order>
Background Configuration Information:
For information on the configuration behind what is seen in the Admissions process please refer to the following Quick Reference Guide(s):
Minimum Test Case (Data) Scenarios:
- New Student matriculated into AA program.
- Returning Student with existing coursework in a new program.
- Transfer Student with transferred in coursework.
- Student whose assessment test scores do not meet required minimums.
Recommended Error Test Conditions:
- Transcript not received.
- Failed to matriculate.
Next Step in the High Level UAT Framework:
<add link to next script>
Links to User Acceptance Test 'How To' Information: