9.2 Mass Select Transactions - Group Post
Purpose: Use this document as a resource for how to select transactions in mass
Audience: Student Financials Staff
Mass Select Transaction
Navigation: Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Group Processing > Mass Select Transactions
- On the Mass Select Transactions page create or choose a Run Control then select the Search or Add button.
- On the Mass Select Transactions page, select the most appropriate Group Type and Origin ID for the type of transaction that you are posting.
- Use a Selection Tool drop down list to identify the ID’s to be charged. The Selection Tool options are:
- External File
- Population Selection
- Equation Engine
- Select a file mapping that works with the file you are uploading. The file may need to be changed, or a request submitted to have file mapping created for the type of file you will be uploading. Example: When you select External File and upload a file, you will have the requirement of selecting a file mapping.
Although you may not have access to create/edit a file mapping, it is important to understand how the mapping works so your file can correspond.
Looking at the file mapping in this example, you can see that EMPLID is a required value to know who to assign the transactions to. In this example ITEM_AMT and ITEM_TYPE are also being provided.
Notice in the sample .csv file below, how each row represents the Field Number displayed from the image of the Population Selection File Map page above.
Comma separated value uploads are the most common upload types. However, notice in the file mapping Field Delimiter drop down menu, there are options for accepting files in various formats such as heading/without heading, tabs, semi-colon and pipe.
When using PSQuery or Equation Engine, a file mapping is not required, but similar file mapping type variables are needed. So naturally EMPLID is a required field in your returned results.
- Complete the remaining fields in the Line Details section. Some of these fields can be dynamically populated if mapped appropriately. (For PSQuery this would be modifying the Unique Field Name to match the field in question. Example: ITEM_AMT for field Item Amount)
- Once the Mass Select Transactions page is complete, select the Run button.
- The Process Scheduler Request page will appear. Select the OK button.
- This will result in a new entry on the Create Group Data Entry Page.
Navigation: Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Group Processing > Create Group Data Entries
- This file can be drilled into and then Saved, so the Edit Status changes to "Edited" and the Posting Action is "Available" for posting.
- After this process is done, it will change the Posting Status on the surface Group Data Entry search page from "Not Posted" to "NOT Comp.".
Group Post Transaction
Navigation: Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Group Processing > Post Transactions
- Enter the Starting Group ID, or Group ID Range if more than one, from the group that you edited and saved.
- Select the Run button.
- On the Process Scheduler Request page, under the Process List section, select the Group Posting Process check box.
- Select the OK button.