9.2 External File Load - Group Post
Purpose: Use this as a resource for how to process an external file load and group post in ctcLink
Audience: Student Financials Staff
External File Load
Navigation: Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Group Processing > External Files
- On the External Files page, create or choose a Run Control, then select the Search or Add button.
- When creating a new Run Control, parameters are set on the External Files page.
- Enter the Business Unit aligned to the Layout you intend to use.
- Enter the File Directory information from where you are uploading the data file.
- The File Directory information needs to be setup on the custom pages found at Peopletools > CTC Custom > Extensions > File List Table and Peopletools > CTC Custom > Extensions > Upload/Download Files.
- Enter the appropriate Group Type into the Group Type field.
- Select the Save button.
EXAMPLE: Below is an example of the completed External Files Parameters page.
- The Layout ID needs to match the format of the file being uploaded. When creating a run control for a new type of file, a new external file layout may need to be created as well.
Creating an External File Layout
Navigation: Set Up SACR > Product Related > Student Financials > External File Layouts
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter the appropriate SetID.
- Enter the Input File Layout ID.
- Select the Add button.
- The Field Details 1 tab displays the External File Layout and indicates where certain information begins and ends within the file .
- Select the Load External File button in the top left of the screen to return to the External Files page.
- Once returned to the External Files page, select the Run button.
- On the Process Scheduler Request page, select the SF External File Load check box.
- Select the OK button.
- This will result in a new entry on the Create Group Data Entry Page.
Navigation: Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Group Processing > Create Group Data Entries
- This file can be drilled into and then Saved, so the Edit Status changes to "Edited" and the Posting Action is "Available" for posting.
- After this process is done, it will change the Posting Status on the surface Group Data Entry search page from "Not Posted" to "NOT Comp.".
Group Post Transaction
Navigation: Student Financials > Charges and Payments > Group Processing > Post Transactions
- Enter the Starting Group ID, or Group ID Range if more than one, from the group that you edited and saved.
- Select the Run button.
- On the Process Scheduler Request page, under the Process List section, select the Group Posting Process check box.
- Select the OK button.