9.2 Create a Communication
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for assigning communications to a student in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials staff
This is a two-step process. First, assign the communications using 3C Engine; and second, generate the emails using the Communication Generation by following the Sending Communications QRG.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > 3C Engine > Run 3C Engine
- The 3C Engine run control ID search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Run Control ID.
- Select Add.
- The 3C Engine Parameters tab displays.
- Select the Population Selection checkbox.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- Enter Administrative Function.
- Enter the Event ID:
- "BSFREMIND" - sends a reminder email when a student has a balance.
- "BSFENRCAN" - sends an email when a student is dropped for non-payment.
- Enter Selection Tool = "PS Query".
- Enter Query Name.
- Select the Manage Duplicate Assignment tab.
- The Manage Duplicate Assignment tab displays.
- Select the Check Duplicate Communication checkbox to ensure duplicate emails are not sent to any one student.
- Select Run. Please refer to the Process Scheduling QRG for further instructions.
- To generate the communication, please refer to the Sending Communications QRG.
- Process complete.